Just a selection of client engagements…
1. MANAGEMENT TRAINEE CYCLE
Client: Professional training academy of global engineering company headquartered in Germany.
- Attraction and retention of young talent
- Preparation of management trainees for global business environment
- Improvement in soft skills competencies for entry-level professionals
EDGESHARP Corporate Academy designed and is delivering a Certificate of Business Communication for entry level professionals in civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering disciplines. The cycle consists of six one week-long seminars delivered over a period of 2 years leading to the certificate of business communication. The seminar topics, content, and case studies deliver the professional competencies required of a management trainee at Siemens International. We are training over 300 participants per cycle in Munich, Frankfurt and Nürnberg.
The programme consistently meets the requirements of the client, and receives excellent feedback from the participants and their sponsoring managers.
2. LEADERSHIP SELECTION
Client: International veterinary pharmaceutical headquartered in the Netherlands undergoing a change process due to new ownership by American-based global pharma business.
- Introduction of European leaders to competency framework of new owner
- Presentation of Leader Selection Process based on competency modelling
- Preparation for Behavioural Interview as key factor in Leader Selection Process
EDGESHARP prepared and delivered a one day “Selection Interview” Coaching Workshop to over 40 leaders in 6 different European countries. The workshop focused on delivering to the values system of the new owner, its vision, mission, values and six leader behaviours in the selection process. It was based 100% on the core documentation supplied to the subsidiary business by its new owner.
The feedback on the workshop by the leaders was excellent. 95% of the leaders that were prepared by EDGESHARP successfully completed the Selection Process and have maintained or improved their managerial grade after the takeover.
3. COLLEGE IN A BOX
Client: Financial Services company with a strong international business in auto-financing
- Design, build and be ready to implement a training college with global reach within 6 months
- Reflect best practice in operational design, systems, processes and service levels
- To be designed as a “standalone” function, independent of existing organisational environment
The first step was the research, analysis and creation of the Training Organisation Maturity Model (TOMM) to define “best practice” and target the appropriate college structure and service level. Using the TOMM, we conducted a European-wide Benchmark Study across 20 L&D functions from international companies.
The second step was to select the appropriate Training Organisation Maturity Level for the immediate organisational environment. This provided the guiding principles for the design of a Best Practice Blueprint for the College in a Box containing policy framework, systems, processes and tools.
College in a Box was implemented successfully in Q3, 2009.
4. REGULATORY COMPLIANCE IN PHARMACEUTICALS
Client: Pharma DSE, Germany
- All staff to be made aware of FDA regulations impacting their work
- Relevant staff to receive mandatory GLP training
- Staff to be trained in new workplace policy and procedure, documentation and reporting requirements
Identified an expert panel to define and quality assure the training syllabus and content. We developed a set of training materials covering terminology, policy explanation, and process, which was delivered to over 90 staff through a series of presentations and workshops. A 100-page work-aid reference document was authored and published.
Head of department fully satisfied with the solution and noted an improvement in accuracy and efficiency in workplace performance of the laboratory staff.
5. REINFORCING GOOD LENDING PRACTICE
Client: Regional Retail and Commercial Bank, Germany
- Improvement of workplace performance in Risk and Trade departments
- Specific topics to cover: Corporate Finance Analysis, Global Credit Research, Investor Presentations, Annual Report Analysis, ISDA Master Agreements, Schuldschein, SWIFT transfer, Trade Confirmations
- 40+ people by end of year
Designed training packs consisting of worksheets, process overviews, terminology lists, document walkthrough, and case studies. Delivered as series of intensive workshops over a 12 month calendar.
Excellent feedback from course participants on content and method of delivery as well as application of learning in the workplace. Responsible Board Member and the Department Head were extremely satisfied with the increased level of knowledge and performance of the participants.
6. KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER – RISK MANAGEMENT TOOLS AND METHODS
Client: Bank, Slovenia
- Selected Board members and senior staff to receive training in the methodology and implementation options for Credit Scoring tools
- Participants to be able to make informed decision on what investment choices they have and the operational and policy implications to the organisation
Design a half-day workshop, delivered on site, to 12 senior professionals, to include representatives of Risk, Business, and IT. A 50-page workbook was developed to complement the presentation and provide a reference document.
Direct feedback from the Board “Excellent presentation”. Participants had gained a deeper understanding of the technical and business issues surrounding the design, development and implementation of credit scoring tools enabling them to make a more confident investment decision going forward.
* * *
Client Reference List
We are happy to provide you with personal client references relevant to your requirements and project upon request.